Policy and procedures. Please read these carefully and retain this for personal reference.
When you book or purchase any product or service from us, you are signifying your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Details of DWL terms and conditions, and times and dates of classes can be found on our Website too. It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of these.
- All places on every course must be reserved AND paid for in advance. It is a basic condition of attendance that fees are payable before the first day of term. We urge you not to come to a class without prior registration, as you or your child may be informed that they cannot participate in the lesson and you will not be informed if there are any changes or cancelled classes. NO child or student will be allowed to participate in any class unless fees have been paid. Fees not received within two weeks of the start of term will be subject to a 10% surcharge.
- In addition there will now be an extra charge of £5 added to your bill for each invoice reminder.
Early Bird discounts and 5% multiple course discount is available only on fees paid in full during the early booking period.
- We regret to inform you that we are not able to accept cheques.
Returned payments and refunds: DWL will make an administrative charge of £7.50 to cover unreasonably disputed credit card payments.
- In circumstances where a payment is returned, DWL we reserve the right to exclude your child until the amount of the returned payment is repaid in full, plus administration fee.
- It is our policy not to offer refunds once payment has been made. DWL cannot be held responsible for changes in participants personal circumstances which might prevent attendance. We are unable to issue refunds if a participant changes their mind or does not come for any reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel classes which attract insufficient participants. Should this occur, DWL will attempt to offer you a viable alternative or will offer you a refund of any fee paid.
- If you wish to cancel your camp booking, you must make a request in writing, with at least 28 days’ notice before the camp start date, we will refund 90% of your total booking.
- If you give us less than 28 days’ notice before the camp start date that you would like to cancel, unfortunately no refund is available. In this instance, you may sell the place onto a friend, subject to availability of spaces (if different age group) and to your friend completing our registration form.
- You may request to book a single trial lesson in a class of your choice, providing there is availability in the class and your child has not previously attended a trial lesson for the same class. All trial lesson must be booked in advance through the DWL office. There is a £9.00 enrolment fee for a trial lesson which will be deducted from the total terms fees when you sign up for the remainder of the term.
- Contact information must be given when booking a trial lesson.
- MERCHANDISE (including uniform) must be paid for at the time of purchase.
“MAKE-UP” & ILLNESS :
- In the event of illness or unavoidable absences, refunds cannot be issued but lessons can be made up by attending a different class, subject to availability. These classes must be made up the week following the missed class and are only for the individuals in question and not a relative, sibling or friend. You must call the DWL office to reserve your space before attending. Full or pro rate refunds or a transfer or voucher may only be allowed where the organisers reschedule or cancel a class.
- DWL reserves the right not to compensate for any classes cancelled due to incidents beyond our control. E.g. freak weather conditions, road accidents or the area being closed off by the police. DWL will endeavour to hold a make-up class but only if circumstances allow.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE FROM CLASS:
Parents are responsible for taking their children to the class and delivering them to the teacher, and for collecting them from the teacher at the end of the lesson. DWL cannot be responsiblefor children that are not delivered to the teacher and signed in. To clarify, we do not accept responsibility for children left at the main entrance of venues or who enter on their own from outside any building or space that we hire.
You may contact us by calling and speaking to us in person on the relevant telephone number or email address found on our Website, or on emails received from DWL.
We may contact you by telephone, email or text. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have current contact details for you and a record of all adults authorised to pick up your child. You must also keep us appraised of any changes in the health or other relevant circumstances of you or your child.
Mobile phones, must be silenced before entering class. No food is to be consumed in the dance class except water.
DWL reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion.
In the event that we consider:
a) the behaviour of your child is disruptive or likely to put other children or DWL staff in danger; or
b) your behaviour towards DWL staff, other customers, or children in their care or our teachers is disruptive, inappropriate, consistently negligent (including late collection of your child) or likely to bring DWL into disrepute, we reserve the right to exclude your child from any DWL activity.
In the event that your child is excluded, no fees or deposits will be repaid to you and we reserve the right to seek payment of the balance of any fees due to us.
HEALTH & INJURIES:
DWL accept children on the assumption that they are in good health and it is your responsibility to inform DWL and its staff, in writing, of any existing or previous injuries or medical conditions suffered by your child. DWL cannot be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors or omission of information. DWL does not accept liability for death or personal injury to any child attending DWL or any activity organised by DWL save to the extent that such death or injury shall be caused by the negligence or default of any member of our staff or any other default on our part.
DWL does not accept responsibility for any loss of, or damage to, personal property belonging to you or your child irrespective of whether such possessions might be used by you or the child for the purposes of any DWL activity.
CLASS OR TEACHERS CHANGES:
DWL reserves the right to make changes to the timetable and to the teaching staff. We recognise the importance of consistency of the instructor, however, on occasions we may have to change the instructor and send in a replacement. All our teachers are fully qualified and DBS checked.
To avoid disruption, and maximise class efficiency, parents are restricted from watching the weekly lesson. We request that parents should wait in the reception area of the building. We endeavour to invite parents to watch each class once a year. There are no circumstances where parents are allowed to watch at any other time without prior agreement from both Louise and the teacher involved. If you wish to speak to the teacher or Louise this must be done via email or by calling the office Monday – Friday 9.30 – 4.00pm.
Photographs/videos may be taken to publicise the classes to the community and a video will record the end of year show. Should you prefer that your child does not appear in these photographs or on a video or DVD please advise DWL in writing.